Through implementation of this policy, Mare Nostrum Gráficas will serve as a leader in the Printing Industry by advancing environmental stewardship within our own programs and facilities, and in the broader community. Accordingly, we will:
- Continually improve our environmental performance.
- Develop and maintain environmental management programs with objectives and targets to minimize adverse environmental impacts.
- Comply with all applicable environmental, health, and safety laws, regulations, and other requirements.
- Implement effective pollution prevention and waste minimization programs to reduce, reuse, and recycle materials.
- Ensure that energy and water are used responsibly and conserved through innovative practices and procedures.
- Provide all our staff with the knowledge and tools needed to meet the goals of this policy and to actively participate in efforts to prevent negative environmental impacts.
- Measure progress toward our environmental goals.
Guiding Principles for Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
1. Compliance with Environmental Requirements
Mare Nostrum Gráficas will comply with all applicable European, national, regional and local environmental laws, statutes, regulations and other environmental requirements. When environmental quality improvements are feasible, we will establish and maintain our own standards that exceed existing laws and regulations.
2. Healthy Built Environment
Mare Nostrum Gráficas will promote public health, workforce wellness, and quality of work-life by integrating the development of buildings and grounds with the natural environment and by promoting indoor environmental quality.
3. Pollution Prevention
Mare Nostrum Gráficas will minimize solid waste generation and the potential release of pollutants into the environment first through source reduction, secondarily through reuse and recycling, and finally through treatment and disposal.
4. Minimize Hazardous Waste and Toxic Materials
Mare Nostrum Gráficas will minimize the generation of hazardous wastes. The company will maintain policies and processes for the safe and efficient use, tracking, storage and disposal of hazardous and toxic materials.
5. Environmentally Responsible Acquisition
We will promote environmental responsibility through our contracting and purchasing choices. When purchasing products and services, the company will strive to obtain the best value by considering life cycle environmental impacts along with cost and functional performance.
6. Conservation of Energy, Water and Other Resources
Mare Nostrum Gráficas will reduce resource consumption by eliminating wasteful practices and promoting efficient use, and by evaluating and implementing feasible and practical conservation measures in existing buildings, renovations, and new construction.